Introduce yourself before giving a presentation

Introduce yourself before giving a presentation

A lot of the time when preparing a presentation, less attention is paid to preparing the introduction. Big mistake! Sets the stage for role presentation; It’s like the opening law. And, opening less than the Starter opening can ruin the whole production. Accordingly, this article offers unique techniques to cut your groove. In any event, you breathe life into the presentation.

5 tips

  • Allow someone else to introduce you.

You might be wondering, this tip doesn't sound innovative. The presenter is always acquainted with someone else. Twist here. Hire an acquaintance to introduce you. The person who knows you will bring more energy. For example, I remember speaking at my nephew’s graduation ceremony; When he saw me approaching the podium, his excitement began to tell the audience about me (this is a pre-school graduate). Although her barrier was unexpected, it warmed the crowd - adding a great touch. Moreover, he knew surprised me.

  • Use media.

Thank God for technology! This allows you to shake things up. For that purpose, why not use your presentation to jumpstart? A short video presentation with graphics, colors, photos, music and a brief description will captivate any audience; Video Introduction Who am I? Make sure your presentation is just as electric.

  • Revive your bio.

The information used for contact basically comes from your bio. As a result, most read in the same way. This is me. That's what I did. This is where I received training/education. Annoying! Change your bio sections to include things like: why I do what I do, what inspires me, my biggest fears, my favorite quotes and/or scriptures, my worst experiences, or how I hope to remember. You get the idea. Avoid the same horrible things as other speakers. Not titles, degrees and compliments - let the audience really connect with you.

  • The audience is involved.

Contrary to previous recommendations, this advice is bold and risky. In most cases, the speaker repeatedly shares his background. Switch it around; Ask visitors what they know about you. Or, just ask the audience what they want to know. This strategy engages the audience, removes old data reconstruction and builds relationships.

  • Be dramatic.

The drama has its own place. With that said, turn your identity into a cinematic production. This tip comes courtesy of the NBA, especially the Chicago Bulls. They are the first team to introduce the players through a light show with the enthusiastic voice of an announcer. Likewise, your announcer will not be seen - only heard. With light, music and voice you create a certain mystery..

Read the more related topics: Your presentation power is being recharged.